Diploma Requirements for the Master
Access to the Master is granted for graduates of Academic Bachelor programs in Visual Arts or Design when your registration is complete and accepted by the staff.
Diploma Requirements for the Pre-Master Preparation programma
only available for Jewellery Design, Gold & Silversmithing
Access to the Pre-Master Preparation programme is granted for graduates of a Bachelor program in Visual Arts or Design when your registration is complete and accepted by the staff.
Required documents to apply for the Master & Pre-Master Preparation programme
The Pre-Master Preparation programme is only available for Jewellery Design, Gold & Silversmithing
• A legalised copy of your BACHELOR diploma, as well as a translation by a certified translator to Dutch, French, German or English. This legalisation has to be executed by the Belgian embassy in the country in which your diploma was issued.
• A certificate that you obtained the required level of English language (see English language requirements for the English master programme)
• A translated certificate (Dutch, French, German or English) from the embassy (Belgian embassy in the country of origin or embassy of the country of origin in Belgium) to prove that the presented diploma gives access to a university in the home country. A certificate of a university or an official agency of the country where you have obtained your diploma is also accepted.
• A copy of your identity card, international passport or prove of registration in the register of foreigners.
• A valid residence certificate.
• For students coming from China: an APS certificate (Akademische Prüfstelle – Certificate valid for studies in Belgium (Flemish Community))
• For further information, please make an appointment with the ‘dienst studievoortgang’ at the following address http://afspraken.pxl.be (select “dienst studievoortgang”).
English Language Requirements
• You studied at least one year successfully at a secondary school in the English language, or
• You succeeded for at least 60 ECTS credits at a higher education institution in the English language, or
• You have a certificate proving your competence in the English language at level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR): TOEFL iBT (globale score minimum 57), IELTS (globale score minimum 4), certificate of a center for adult education (CVO) in Flanders (treshold B1) or other.
• (only if you want to apply for a Master Mind Scholarship). You have a cerfificate proving your competence in English at level B2 in Advanced English (CAE): TOEFL iBT (globale score minimum 90), IELTS (globale score minimum 6,5), or a simular result in another English language test.