Diploma Requirements for the Master
• Direct access to the initial master is granted for graduates of Academic Bachelor programs in the Visual Arts.
• For graduates from other academic programmes a preparatory program may be organized. The list of Bachelor's programs that allow access to a preparatory programmes: see different flows below.
• If you possess a Bachelor but not an 'Academic' Bachelor degree, other intake flows and/or bridging programmes do exist, depending on your previous educational career: see different flows on the right of this page. In that case please send your educational CV and proof of it (official translated copies of the diploma’s into English) to the Educational Board for further evaluation.
A student can simultaneously enroll in a preparatory or bridging programme and with it in the corresponding Master (under the conditions determined by the Educational Coordinator).
Obtaining the diploma of the Master's programme is however linked to the successful completion of the preparatory or bridging programme. The competent examination commission may for this reason deliberate sequentially.
Required documents to apply for the Master
• A legalised copy of your BACHELOR diploma, as well as a translation by a certified translator to Dutch, French, German or English. This legalisation has to be executed by the Belgian embassy in the country in which your diploma was issued.
• A certificate that you obtained the required level of English language (see English language requirements for the English master programme)
• A translated certificate (Dutch, French, German or English) from the embassy (Belgian embassy in the country of origin or embassy of the country of origin in Belgium) to prove that the presented diploma gives access to a university in the home country. A certificate of a university or an official agency of the country where you have obtained your diploma is also accepted.
• A copy of your identity card, international passport or prove of registration in the register of foreigners.
• A valid residence certificate.
• For students coming from China: an APS certificate (Akademische Prüfstelle – Certificate valid for studies in Belgium (Flemish Community))
• For further information, please make an appointment with the ‘dienst studievoortgang’ at the following address http://afspraken.pxl.be (select “dienst studievoortgang”).
English Language Requirements
• You studied at least one year successfully at a secondary school in the English language, or
• You succeeded for at least 60 ECTS credits at a higher education institution in the English language, or
• You have a certificate proving your competence in the English language at level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR): TOEFL iBT (globale score minimum 57), IELTS (globale score minimum 4), certificate of a center for adult education (CVO) in Flanders (treshold B1) or other.
• (only if you want to apply for a Master Mind Scholarship). You have a cerfificate proving your competence in English at level B2 in Advanced English (CAE): TOEFL iBT (globale score minimum 90), IELTS (globale score minimum 6,5), or a simular result in another English language test.